• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

faa medical

cgoetz

I must have asked this question a long time ago here on airwarriors but a new thread has caused mee to ask it again. Do you need an FAA medical in order to fly for the U.S. Navy?

Heloanjin

pilot
No...

except students in IFS.

The Navy has its own annual flight physical. Some of the Navy flight surgeons are FAA medical examiners and may do the paperwork for you if you want an FAA medical certificate so you can fly in the civilian world. But you don't need it as a Naval Aviator.

nugget81

pilot
I must have asked this question a long time ago here on airwarriors but a new thread has caused mee to ask it again. Do you need an FAA medical in order to fly for the U.S. Navy?

Wow dude. You asked the same question twice within 8 minutes. Remember--this is the internet, not instant messaging.....

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
NO. There are plenty of Navy pilots flying out there who aren't legal to fly civilian because they don't have FAA medicals. I am one of them (student, that is). The two are mutually exclusive.