• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F/A-22 a Joint Project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Aviator4000 said:
Excuse me, I didn't think there were that many aviators on this board. I thought most people on this forum were aspiring aviators. Sorry if that statement offended you, I know active aviators would have access to that type of info. Just didn't think many actively posted on this forum.

Learning experience. Always check the profile of someone before potentially sticking your foot in your mouth.

Aviator4000

SteveG75 said:
Before Brett drops the hammer.

1) The French only have one carrier, the De Gaulle. Yes it is nuclear powered but it is a smaller than even the USS Midway. The Foch was sold to Brazil? or maybe Chile? Either way, it is gone.

2) The F/a-22 cannot be made carrier capable. This like when Jumper decided to call it the F/a-22 vice F-22 to keep it alive. BTW: The small 'a' is my opinion of USAF priorities.

3) I see from your profile that you want to be an SNA someday. Some people on this board (Brett, me, Bunk, etc) are active duty. We were SNA/SNFO a long time ago. Now, we know stuff we can't tell but we also have a wealth of unclassified real world experience to draw on. All I am saying is consider the source of some of these comments.

I thought the French were in the process of building a new nuclear powered sub, am I wrong on this? I thought I remember reading an article on this in Aviation weekly. I guess you are right there carriers are not "full sized" but they are not VTOL carriers. BTW I agree with you that the a in the F/A-22 is a joke. Obviously a gimmick to make it more attractive to congress, but in the process is making it more expensive (gotta love beaucracy).

Augustus

KBayDog said:
It is not ridiculous, but the reality (ESPECIALLY in the Marine Corps!) is that you must be able to accomplish the mission with whatever the government gives you. If you are ordered to, say, a SEAD mission with nothing but a jock strap and an E-tool, you'd better be able to get the mission accomplished.

Sometimes you will get great gear, and sometimes you will get crap. Let the folks who provide the funding worry about what we are going to get; you just worry about the capabilities and limitations of your - and your enemy's - gear.

Reminds me of the Family Guy episode, when Peter sends Macgyver a straw, paper clip, and a rubber band to save his dog...
Good times.

Hey Kbaydog, you won't happen to be the same guy in Marineocs.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.