• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-35C Mishap CVN-70

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Sad news. Didn’t the Royal Navy lose one not long ago?

sickboy

pilot
Well that sucks. Glad the pilot got out and more people weren’t hurt. Really hoping it wasn’t my onwing

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Today's makes at least 7 F-35 crashes I can think of, plus the one that caught fire (no clue if it was written off or rebuilt).
That’s a punch in the old tax payer wallet. I wonder if that is about the average in “fielding pains” for a new aircraft?

johnboyA6E

None
"The U.S. Navy has declined to confirm or deny whether the F-35C involved in today's mishap fell into the South China Sea as a result or if it remained onboard the USS Carl Vinson. The service has yet to provide any other additional details about the incident." Brenda Way, a spokesperson for the U.S. Pacific Fleet,

maybe it's in the engine shop...

not speculating, but wondering - is it SOP to use Magic Carpet for all landings?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Not to speculate on this particular mishap (I have no idea what happened), but keep in mind that PLM isn't "Magic". People still bolter, people still get no grades, people still 903/904 (hard landing codes). It's just less common. You're still flying the jet manually (as opposed to it being some form of a mode 1), hence why they are graded passes. Still need to have a good scan, and you still need to apply the correct stick monkey skills, they're just a little different with PLM.

johnboyA6E

None
from an old guy's perspective, how different is it from auto-throttle? basically, auto let's you point the nose (within reason) and it kept you on speed right? <put the velocity vector on the 3wire> does PLM also make it's own inputs to the control surfaces as well, based on where you tell it you want to go? how does it differ from flying the ball 'manually' without PLM or Auto?

if your answer is "go google PLM" that's ok too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.