• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Expert Recommendations

sugah_3407

I just left the officer recruiting station feeling pretty good about my ASTB scores (54 7/7/7). Could someone tell me if I should stick with my current scores or retest? Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
It sort of depends on the rest of your package, but those scores aren't bad. What did your recruiter say? What's your GPA?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just left the officer recruiting station feeling pretty good about my ASTB scores (54 7/7/7). Could someone tell me if I should stick with my current scores or retest!
From this weeks SNA/SNFO board, the results started arriving a few hours ago. Of the first several (5) to be notified ProRec Y, 4 had slightly lower ASTB/OAR than yours, so I would throw the spaghetti 'gainst the wall, and see if it sticks... if it falls on deck, retest for next board.:eek:

I believe they stated on another thread, that this weeks board SNA/SNFO selection was SNA=76%; SNFO=72%. Good luck!;)

*EDIT: You could get more accurate advice if you post all your scores, GPA, and other contents of your packet into your Profile Info section.
BzB

Last edited:

sugah_3407

My recruiter told me that it was a solid score and that I should be happy with it. My main concern (which I'm sure everyone else is) is to be competitive as possible. My GPA was 3.0 from my last school; I attended two schools previous to my last and I played varsity baseball at all schools. I was told that my GPA from the two other schools would boost my overall GPA, is this true? Also, I'm in civil service as a firefighter; would this have any weight in the process?

As for my packet, I already have five solid references and I feel like my Motivation Letter is solid as well. I will attach it, if you could help tweak it, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks again

Attachments

• Naval Officer Motivation.pdf
    97.4 KB · Views: 23
My recruiter told me that it was a solid score and that I should be happy with it. My main concern (which I'm sure everyone else is) is to be competitive as possible. My GPA was 3.0 from my last school; I attended two schools previous to my last and I played varsity baseball at all schools. I was told that my GPA from the two other schools would boost my overall GPA, is this true? Also, I'm in civil service as a firefighter; would this have any weight in the process?

As for my packet, I already have five solid references and I feel like my Motivation Letter is solid as well. I will attach it, if you could help tweak it, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks again

How many GPA's are being submitted in your package? Shouldn't it only be one?

From what I've heard, 7,7,7 is a good score to keep. Not sure how big the OAR plays into their selection, but the 7,7,7 is definitely a plus. From this website that I'm posting, it looks like the median OAR is something like 47, so you're at least a little better than average.

http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nmotc/nami/Pages/ASTBOverview.aspx

How long did you study for this, or did you even study at all? On my first take, I didn't study (well, I did, but only for something like 2/3 hours)

If you studied for this one, I definitely would not retake it. If you did not study at all, you may get a better score after studying.

But really since you're doing OCS and not ROTC, I'd say your scores are just fine.

Oh and also, what was your major (at your most recent college)?

sugah_3407

My recruiter said that all the GPA's from the schools I attended were going to be submitted.

I didn't study as much as I originally wanted to, but I did get a decent amount of material packed in my head. Probably about 6 hours total.

I majored in Mathematics and Computer Analysis