• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsavy10

Does anyone recommend an online private pilot supply store? Also, since the Navy will provide me with what I need (he he), I don't want to spend tons of money on a headset. Are there any relatively cheap reliable headsets out there?
icon_smile.gif

FlyGirl

Try sporty's pilot shop.. http://www.sportys.com (they have a suggested headset for student pilot that works well.) You also might look at jeppesen's headsets on their web site...http://www.jeppesen.com

Hope that helps. I bought mine through a local company just because I wanted to get a feel for the headset on me. (but it's sold by sportys) You might try a private local airport and see if some school sells them...I liked being able to see which one fit as well as how it worked.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Marv Goldens in San Diego has an online catalog (as well as a paper one). I've found their headset prices to be some of the lowest, even for DC's. I bought a set from them while I was in San Dog, and they were great (the store I mean, not just the headset).

grouch

Second vote for Marv Goldens. Bought a lot of stuff from them, lowest prices. Cheap headsets give me a monster headach. Spend money on a good set and you will never have to replace them. Beside seafoam green headsets are so damn cool!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
If only they could get that technology into our helmets. It would save sooooooooooo much money and pain for our hearing loss. Oh well...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Thanks for the idea Pat. I've heard of these guys before (for the civilian side) and I went to the website. They have a mod for military headsets, but the problem is that I don't know if it's approved on the Navy side. They have a list of parts that are approved (for gear inspections), such as new ear seals from oregon aero and gel headliners from them as well. I'll probably get some earseals in the next week.

The other issue I found odd was that they have a "remark" about one is for civilian radios and one is for military radios. I don't really know what that means...if they are referring to the dual jacks for the civvie side that you normally plug into or what. I don't know what "military radios" means, just because the different platforms have different ways of connecting into the ICS. Anyway, thanks, and I'll have to go ask the PR on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.