• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ep-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiangel

Could someone tell me the chances of getting EP-3's out of advanced. I hear a lot of people try to avoid VQ, but I just really want to get to Whidbey.

Dirty Vegas

I'd rather be flying!
pilot
Whidbey is a great place to be! If Whidbey is your goal, not EP's, then you need to know that there are 3 P3 squadrons there. VP-46, 40, and 1. 46 was mine and both my wife and I really loved it there. Not really sure how to select EP's, though.
-g

ip568

None
Vq

There are two VQ squadrons, both flying the EP-3E. The EP-3E is to be replaced by a new joint Army/Navy SIGINT airplane in the next ten years, possibly a variant of the BAE-145 regional jet.

My first squadron was VP-1 at NAS Whidbey. Not a bad place to be.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ip568 said:
There are two VQ squadrons, both flying the EP-3E. The EP-3E is to be replaced by a new joint Army/Navy SIGINT airplane in the next ten years, possibly a variant of the BAE-145 regional jet.

My first squadron was VP-1 at NAS Whidbey. Not a bad place to be.

Minor detail but it is the ERJ-145, an Embraer jet, not a BAE-145. Hopefully it will be sooner than 10 years, I think the plan is 2009 right now. Subject to change like any other government contract...... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.