• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Entering the Naval Academy

Mr. Jack

To enter into the naval academy, you must not be older than 23 on July 1 of the year you start. I turn 23 June 25th. I wanted to know if there is an age waiver for a mere few days.

-Thank You

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Your best bet is to contact the admissions office at the USNA and ask them. I'm certain they should be able to help.

Anyone here ever need/get a waiver to attend the Boat school?

-ea6bflyr ;)

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I never met anyone who was over the age limit, the closest I knew was 23 on July 2nd.

Of course, make sure you ask, waivers are possible for most everything. Good luck.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I never met anyone who was over the age limit, the closest I knew was 23 on July 2nd.

Of course, make sure you ask, waivers are possible for most everything. Good luck.

Just be ready for Plan B as you're running out of time and, therefore, options.

I'm about to enlist into the Navy. Want to do Special Warfare (S.E.A.L.S). Been pretty much focused on that. Haven't given much thought to anything else (I figured I know what I want, might as well just go for it). Easing up on the gung-ho attitude, I did a little research. Now I'm considering different options going in and, more importantly, about life after the 6 year contract.

If BUD/S and becoming a SEAL is your objective, have you contected a SEAL Motivator? "Going for it" requires a tremendous amount of prep if you want to stand a chance of making it through BUD/S.

Cleonard19

Contributor
I turn 23 on July 9th of next year, and my CO (Academy Grad), CCC, and B&G Officer have all said "You're lucky, you can still apply twice, because there are absolutely no age waivers for the Academy. This was confirmed by my best friend who turns 23 this coming June and was told very specifically by an admissions officer over the phone that there are no age waivers. Just as there are no waivers for being married, or indebtedness.

Mr. Jack

Just spoke to someone at the academy; there are no age waivers. Had a feeling my other posts would get quoted. Heyjoe, still in school and can't leave to the armed forces until next year. In that time, I'm researching all opportunities available.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Swinging the pendulum the other way.....

I taught a plebe who turned 17 in May and reported to USNA the next month on June 27th...The youngest plebe I've encountered.

wingsB4rings

Four fans of freedom, all day long
None
Swinging the pendulum the other way.....

I taught a plebe who turned 17 in May and reported to USNA the next month on June 27th...The youngest plebe I've encountered.

I think I know who you are talking about...or at least someone who fits the same criteria. Was the plebe a female in class of 2006?