• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

enlistment contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerdoger

Would an enlistment contract be null and void if an applicant was picked up for OCS before his ship date? Or even after his ship date for that matter?

Keith Nielsen

Yes and no. If you successfully complete OCS then your enlistment contract is void. If you do not make it through then you are obligated for the remainder of time in existing enlistment contract.

RobNLa

Does anyone know if you get to keep your enlisted perks (ie. bonuses & loan repayment) in the event that you get picked up for OCS?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Answer about the DEP perks is yes. There is a big money enlisted program called CASH, similar to BDCP for enlisted nuke candidates. Great program designed to get guys to take college courses in math and science while in DEP for a nuke or advanced electronics program. Some guys have been taking money in the CASH program and then get picked up for OCS or even BDCP and been able to milk both programs. There is a chance however, that if your ship date comes before acceptance to an officer program they won't wait even a week. You ship to Boot Camp. If your ship date is moved up before you hear back from an officer program, you may be left holding the bag. Generally though, the navy wants everyone to achieve the most they are able. If you qualify for an officer program while in DEP it is practically a rubber stamp at the NRD level. BTW, don't expect anyone to tell you about going CASH to BDCP. It is frowned on at some NRDs. It messes up the projected accessions for enlisted nuke and it is too easy for the applicant to get screwed.

RobNLa

Thanks Wink!

I submitted my packet earlier this month, and I am waiting to hear if I've been professionally rec'd. Wink, in your experience what was the average waiting time?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Varies widely. I'd be surprised if you heard back sooner than in 2 weeks. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.