• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Enlisted to OCS applicant help

I was hoping someone can help me with some information in order to begin my process. I am an AD2 and I am looking to put in for AMDO. I will be finishing my degree in 6 months in Aeronautical Science and I want to have my package put together and hopefully start my boards by the time I am done with school. I am having a difficult time locating the OCS application checklist and details for it. When I applied for STA-21 it was pretty easy to locate the checklist and the program gave a step-by-step process of what to do. Where can I find something similar but for OCS? I appreciate the help.

BDavis11

Contributor
I was hoping someone can help me with some information in order to begin my process. I am an AD2 and I am looking to put in for AMDO. I will be finishing my degree in 6 months in Aeronautical Science and I want to have my package put together and hopefully start my boards by the time I am done with school. I am having a difficult time locating the OCS application checklist and details for it. When I applied for STA-21 it was pretty easy to locate the checklist and the program gave a step-by-step process of what to do. Where can I find something similar but for OCS? I appreciate the help.

google would have got it for you too shipmate. Anything else just shoot me a pm.

-AD2

exNavyOffRec

Look on here for the most recent AMDO board thread and you can reach out to the applicants to see what they have done. AMDO is a designator that looks for specific things and so they are very picky.

The next board deadline is Feb for the Mar board, the next board after that is Sept for the Oct board.

exNavyOffRec

It’s literally their job, something as simple as helping out with the application. Even a dept/div CC could do that
No the main job of a CCC is enlisted retention oriented, not officer programs as a command will get dinged for bad retention but not sending enough people to OCS. The CCC school spends almost not time on officer programs, they just review the ways to get commissions and to direct to the individuals to the 1420 each command should have an officer assigned to assist enlisted who desire to get a commission.

Conqueror’sHaki

SWOTIVATED MUSTANG
No the main job of a CCC is enlisted retention oriented, not officer programs as a command will get dinged for bad retention but not sending enough people to OCS. The CCC school spends almost not time on officer programs, they just review the ways to get commissions and to direct to the individuals to the 1420 each command should have an officer assigned to assist enlisted who desire to get a commission.

Anyways, the point is that any CC whether it be command, dept., divisional, are all able to guide someone in the right direction or generally help a Sailor applying for OCS. It’s not necessarily completely out of their scope.

exNavyOffRec

Anyways, the point is that any CC whether it be command, dept., divisional, are all able to guide someone in the right direction or generally help a Sailor applying for OCS. It’s not necessarily completely out of their scope.
They should direct them to the officer designated to assist sailors in applying for officer programs, this is one of those programs where it is expected the applicant should be able to figure it out on themselves.

The other issue is the 1420 is not kept up to date so the sailors applying need to communicate with the NRC processor regarding current requirements.