• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

enlisted to civilian to officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

delvek

Greetings All,
I am a navy veteran from 1990-94. My rate was AD and rank E3 and was discharged honorably. I am 31 and a sophmore at University of North Carolina studying a double major in Economics/Political Science. My gpa stays from 3.2 to 3.5. I am interested in the BDCP which requires you to graduate by 34 and be commisioned by age 35. I will graduate at 33.5. Does anyone have any advice on how to go about applying for BDCP and any pointers someone in my situation should follow to best improve my chances with limited time. My #1 choice is supply and is really my only choice as odd as that seems when reading all the other posts. Any info would be greatly appreciatted and GOOD LUCK to you all in your quest .... the navy is an awesome experience!

Thanks,
David
banghead_125.gif

delvek_95@yahoo.com

delvek

I called the local officer recruiter and he told me there was nothing i could do until i was a junior. I feel like there should be something i could do but find myself in corner with a recruiter that doesnt want to see me for another year. I looked at the BDCP req's and i meet them all. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PeacoatMan

BDCPUAH,

I was looking at your profile -- you have your gender down as female. Since you're a Sigma Nu, I figure you must be male ... just a heads up.

Joey

delvek

greetings,
thanks peacoat man ... need to change that!
thanks jlinscott .... you sound like you went thru exactly what i am about to. Please feel free to give me any pointers that will help me prepare to have the best package possible when that two year date arrives. You give me hope with my age fear .... thanks!

what exactly goesinto the BDCP package for my situation .... prt? what tests? any thing else?

thanks again all .... good luck to you all in your endeavor!

David
banghead_125.gif

delvek_95@yahoo.com

SG

My wife was in a similar situation. She had 10 years active, got out to attend school full time, found out about BDCP and decided to give it a shot. She was 31 when she submitted her package. At that time, the recruiter told her that the best option was to select Supply/Crypto/Intel. She was passed over by Supply and was told it was because of her age and they would not give her a waiver. Everything said the age limit was 35 but later she was told that the Supply limit was 29 with waivers to 35 for prior service. Don't know if that was true or not. She ended up getting selected for Crypto which is probably better duty anyway. She just reported to OCS, class 14-03.

An observation I made was that she really had to push the recruiter. Recruiters certainly don't have to go out and make a hard sell for the Navy with the steady supply of qualified people applying. It was a frustrating process and required determination.

Good Luck.

delvek

thankyou jlinscott .... your website and posts have helped and inspired me as i feel you have driven down exactly, i mean exactly, the rode i am about too. I hope we can keep in contact through both of our journeys .... i know i will need the guidance ... thaks again!

david.

SG

Originally posted by delvek
hey SG appreciate the reply but do you classify me as a hard sell?

Not at all. I was referring to the amount of effort the recruitee has to do vs. that of the recruiter. Recruiters don't have to go out and sell the Navy as a career. Most people, such as yourself, are eager to get in and will jump at the chance. With the large candidate pool, the recruiters really don't seem too concerned about getting any one package together and up to the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.