• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

engineers in the navy

maysoe

You are correct, Supply Corps doesn't have anything to do with engineering.

Just so you know, an EDO starts off their career by going subs, ship, or air to get qualified (dolphins, wings, etc), attend graduate school at one of a limited number of places, and THEN become EDOs. That means that for pretty much your first 4 years or so you won't be doing strictly engineering work.

There is the CEC (Civil Engineer Corps) but they really want people with degrees in Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical engineering. According to what I have read they look at other ABET accredited engineering degrees on a case by case basis. Talk with your recruiter.

Thanks you so much for reply. so do you think Chemical engineering 3.3 GPA with OAR of 45 can get selective? i actually first time taking OAR so i have 2 more chance to go. so should i retake again next 90 days to get better grade . I really want to join Navy but i don't want to waste my engineering degree.. since may be 10 to 20 years after i am retired i still want to go to engineering field. so if i become Supply Corp, do i have a chance to get a job as engineering after i am done with my duty? I talk to my recruiter but i feel like he doesn't really care as long as i am getting in to any of it. so i need more advice from real life . since i know my recruiter will just try to put me on any thing he can.

exNavyOffRec

You are correct, Supply Corps doesn't have anything to do with engineering.

Just so you know, an EDO starts off their career by going subs, ship, or air to get qualified (dolphins, wings, etc), attend graduate school at one of a limited number of places, and THEN become EDOs. That means that for pretty much your first 4 years or so you won't be doing strictly engineering work.

There is the CEC (Civil Engineer Corps) but they really want people with degrees in Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical engineering. According to what I have read they look at other ABET accredited engineering degrees on a case by case basis. Talk with your recruiter.

There is (or was) EDO-SEGA that was a direct input into EDO and also SWO-EDO but the availablity is unknown to me.

Thanks you so much for reply. so do you think Chemical engineering 3.3 GPA with OAR of 45 can get selective? i actually first time taking OAR so i have 2 more chance to go. so should i retake again next 90 days to get better grade . I really want to join Navy but i don't want to waste my engineering degree.. since may be 10 to 20 years after i am retired i still want to go to engineering field. so if i become Supply Corp, do i have a chance to get a job as engineering after i am done with my duty? I talk to my recruiter but i feel like he doesn't really care as long as i am getting in to any of it. so i need more advice from real life . since i know my recruiter will just try to put me on any thing he can.
Look into NUPOC or if you are out of college just the nuclear field in general:
http://www.navy.com/careers/nuclear-energy.html

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hi all.. i have something to ask about being officer. i graduated with chemical engineering with 3.3 gap . i took AOR but only get 45 because of english is my second language so i run out of time half way on Reading part. my recruiter put me on Engineering Duty Officer as first choose and Supply corp as second choose. but I only want to be Engineering field as navy officer so any other suggestion ? Supply corp is nothing to do with Engineering right? if i can't get in to Engineering Duty Officer any other engineering field that i can go? any body can guide me through it?

You need to do some homework on your end. Go to the Navy.com website and check out various programs that might interest you. Supply Corps might/might not be the right program for you. There might be other programs out there that fit your personal preferences better. Either or, Supply Corps is looking for technical majors so you do fit that bill.