• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Engineering Duty Officer

Sory

Hi,
I am currently applying to OCS and am interested in becoming an EDO. I have a few questions.

When is the next board meeting for the EDO community (fiscal year 2023-2024)? When is the next shipping date to OCS if selected for this community? Do you go right away after OCS to NPS or MIT (or there is a lag period due to beginning of semester)?

Thanks

exNavyOffRec

Have you talked to a recruiter? Are you looking at going reserves or active, asking as people do get the two confused. There are specific requirements for EDO with age and degree. There is no EDO board listed only SWO-EDO.

Sory

I just went through MEPS and waiting for N3M final approval. I am looking for active duty. I have a doctorate in geo info science with 4 years experience.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I just went through MEPS and waiting for N3M final approval. I am looking for active duty. I have a doctorate in geo info science with 4 years experience.
That doesn’t answer the question of whether you’re working with a recruiter. Most, if not all your questions can be fielded by them,

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Hi,
I am currently applying to OCS and am interested in becoming an EDO. I have a few questions.

When is the next board meeting for the EDO community (fiscal year 2023-2024)? When is the next shipping date to OCS if selected for this community? Do you go right away after OCS to NPS or MIT (or there is a lag period due to beginning of semester)?

Thanks
There is no way to commission as an Engineering Duty Officer directly from OCS on Active Duty. The only way I know of is to get a SWO-EDO option slot. Those are few and far between as most are given to ROTC and Academy grads. Your best bet is to become a SWO and then apply for lateral transfer after your first sea tour.

What are your bachelors and masters in? If it's not engineering, physics, naval architecture, architecture, or computer science, then you will not qualify for the EDO community. This can be worked around by sending you to the Naval Postgraduate School for another masters but you need a hard science (Physics, chemistry, math, etc.) degree for your bachelors.

Random8145

There is no way to commission as an Engineering Duty Officer directly from OCS on Active Duty. The only way I know of is to get a SWO-EDO option slot. Those are few and far between as most are given to ROTC and Academy grads. Your best bet is to become a SWO and then apply for lateral transfer after your first sea tour.

What are your bachelors and masters in? If it's not engineering, physics, naval architecture, architecture, or computer science, then you will not qualify for the EDO community. This can be worked around by sending you to the Naval Postgraduate School for another masters but you need a hard science (Physics, chemistry, math, etc.) degree for your bachelors.
Just curious, but why does architecture count? Architecture isn't a STEM degree as far as I know. Structural engineering would be.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Just curious, but why does architecture count? Architecture isn't a STEM degree as far as I know. Structural engineering would be.
Not sure but I have a good friend who I went through NPS with who has a bachelors in architecture and was picked up for lateral transfer into the EDO community.