• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Emergency Shutdown Handle...pull

Status
Not open for further replies.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
"The CFM56-7 engines that will power the Boeing 737 MMA ... This fleet of engines has logged more than 30 million flight hours while maintaining an industry-leading .002 in-flight shut down rate per 1,000 flight hours. This rate translates to one event every 500,000 flight hours"

Wow. .002events per 1000 hours. Got me thinking...and searching the web. I wanna know what the trusty T-56-14's rate for emergency shutdowns is. I've had to do it as PPC twice, and pretty much everyone I know has had one. I coulldn't find anything on the Safety Center's website...any ideas from propland...Webmaster...lurkers....

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
All I'll say is the engine maintainers in P-3 land are going to like their jobs a whole lot more when they get the CFMs. Word is you can count the number of engine failures/shutdowns the E-6s have had on one hand, and we're talking 15 years of use.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Zab, I don't know what the numbers are either. Like you, I have done the same, to the uneventful 3 engined landing. Only one 2 engine landing while I was in my squadron, and that was when I was a 3P.

I know a couple fleet newsletters ago they talked about the NATOPs chips light change, no secondaries, and reducing the number of precautionary shutdowns to spurrious chips lights. I think a number was thrown out for chips lights over the last decade or so, problem is, that they aren't logged or tracked. In many cases that data just never gets sent forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.