• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Elevators? Really . . . . . ?

Pags

N/A
pilot

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Don’t think they really needed more/better Weps elevators, I can’t recall a single time we were held up on the flight deck waiting to arm jets. And that was a deployment launching 1598 pieces of ordnance into country .

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don’t think they really needed more/better Weps elevators, I can’t recall a single time we were held up on the flight deck waiting to arm jets. And that was a deployment launching 1598 pieces of ordnance into country .
The spec is written for real MCO, not this nonsense we’ve been doing in Iraq and Syria. That’s chump change compared to the throughput needed in an extended peer competitor fight.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Except someone via the JCIDS process said they had to hit an increased sortie generation rate and that required bigger and faster weps elevators.

As to whether the next weapon system should merely replicate current capability or increase it is up to a lot of very smart people who I can only assume did their job.