• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Electronics help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garygnu

I am having trouble with the astb prep test questions regarding electronics. On #9 I am guessing that the direction of the current is moving counterclockwise based on the arrow of the voltage source. On #10 I would assume that the voltage drop is greatest across Rx because the resistance is greatest at this resistor. However on #11 I quessed wrong. I thought that the current is greater at B because the current has not hit any resistance after coming through the voltage source. However for some reason I am wrong. Could someone please explain these three questions for me? Thanks.
dog_125.gif
ALso if anyone can explain #18 regarding hydraulics, I would be very thankful.
football_125.gif

froghead1

You are right on the first two, but on the last one, the voltage is what changes. The current remains the same all the way throught the series circuit.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Using Ohm's Law (V=I*R), you can do the math and figure out the Voltage (V) drop across each resistor (R). Like Froghead said, current (I) is a constant in a series circuit and voltage can be summed up and should equal the total voltage from the voltage source.
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.