• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"El Navy" - Spanish translators in US Navy

Sorry to bother you all with yet another question, but I'd like to know if the Navy offers any kind of foreign language assistance for family members/spouses of service members who do NOT SPEAK ENGLISH

Let me rephrase this in human terms. If I marry my girlfriend (who is currently learning but still cannot speak English), will she able to communicate with Spanish speaking Navy personnel who can answer any questions she may have while I am an SNA/on deployment.

I found a US Navy recruiting site - www.elnavy.com - which made me suspect that they probably do have some people who would be able to help her.

Thanks.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I'm not positive, but I think the only resources are ones that would help her learn English.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Just in general, or are there services available for wives on base?

Other than possibly ESL, I don't think there's much. She's gotta learn the language. No dobut she's busting her ass now to do so, but please do not expect services in anything other than English. Pay to get her additional classes, whatever it takes. She'll be very valuable, employment wise, once she's fluent in both languages.

MasterBates

Para Espanol Numero Dos is NOT an option here.

She needs to learn English. Or are you expecting to be stationed in an area where she can get by without knowing English as well?