• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ejection Sequence and Procedures?

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
Ok... I watched one of my fellow Maritime Mafia members here at Vance get chewed on a little in today's stand-up EP.

He chose to eject from his T-6 when it was in a non-recoverable spin going below 6000' AGL... and he was ace-ing (sp?) the EP up to this point. However, he explained what I thought was a SPOT ON ejection sequence and canopy check... and was told to sit down for it.

Apparently, this is an Air Force ejection sequence:
CANOPY - good size and shape
VISOR - Raise
MASK - Jettison
SEAT KIT - Deploy (if set to Manual)
LPUN/A - Inflate as applicable, if worn and if over water
FORE LINE - Jettison
STEER - Into the Wind
PREPARE TO LAND - 200' AGL
PLF - Feet, Calves, Thigh, Butt, Lats

Now, I am almost CERTAIN we were taught a different sequence in API. Can anyone confirm that? And more importantly, can any NAVY training T-6 students let me know if this is an Air Force-ism or a T-6ism?

I know we were told to keep our Masks/Visors until we were clear of trees... the AF teaches to discard the mask and raise the visor.... only using hands to protect the face. And they instruct you NEVER to remove the gloves?

Southern Ag

pilot
Your thinking of IIROC i believe
inflate
inspect
raft
observe
control

the air force is screwed up like that. I dont know why you would want to lose the eye protection, however mild, that the visor provides. I found in standup that If i specifically made mention of IIROC/ANY NAVY PROCEDURE the jerk IP would let it slide since it is a valid ejection procedure. But, Standup is completely unrealistic and not helpful anyway

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
That's definately an air force process. Navy T6 is IROK
Inflate
Raft (n/a)
Options (visor, mask, gloves, etc)
Konnectors (frost fitting during PLF/water entry)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I dont know why you would want to lose the eye protection, however mild, that the visor provides.

That visor is a "600 knot" visor, it's strong. I'd only raise it going into the water. You're right, their procedure is a bit goofy.

HalfBreed

None
I think it's an AF thing. I know just as I was leaving VT-4 they were putting out new IROK procedures, maybe someone there now can see if things have changed.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Opinions on their system aside, memorize it their way. Play the game.

illinijoe05

Nachos
pilot
That's definately an air force process. Navy T6 is IROK
Inflate
Raft (n/a)
Konnectors (frost fitting during PLF/water entry)

Inflate
Raft (n/a)
Koch fittings

thats what is taught during API.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Inflate
Raft (n/a)
Koch fittings

thats what is taught during API.

The T6 doesn't have Koch fittings, they have frost fittings, but they just kept the K to keep a usable acronym, I think. IROF doesn't really work for me.