• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

EDO DCO

zachlaird4

Stand By!!!!..... FIRE!!!
Good afternoon Air Warriors superior knowledge knowers ,

I have a questions for you. I am looking in putting in my package for Navy EDO DCO and unsure about some things. For EDO, does the masters education supersede the undergrad education requirement? For example, I have a BS in Mechanical Engineering Technology (accredited ABET-ETAC) but I have a masters in mechanical engineering, working on my PhD in mechanical engineering, and will hopefully pass the FE exam in Aug.

It seems like I'm limited in which Navy DCO programs that I could apply to. I have almost 6 years of experience in being a mechanical engineer working with/around the military and working in a research environments.

exNavyOffRec

Good afternoon Air Warriors superior knowledge knowers ,

I have a questions for you. I am looking in putting in my package for Navy EDO DCO and unsure about some things. For EDO, does the masters education supersede the undergrad education requirement? For example, I have a BS in Mechanical Engineering Technology (accredited ABET-ETAC) but I have a masters in mechanical engineering, working on my PhD in mechanical engineering, and will hopefully pass the FE exam in Aug.

It seems like I'm limited in which Navy DCO programs that I could apply to. I have almost 6 years of experience in being a mechanical engineer working with/around the military and working in a research environments.

Don't forget about CEC DCO

zachlaird4

Stand By!!!!..... FIRE!!!
Don't forget about CEC DCO
I am looking into that as well. Before I can apply, I have to take and pass the FE exam since my undergrad is in engineering technology and not plain engineering.

Also why are the reserve PA and Active PA different. The reserves seems to have more requirements than its active duty counterpart with education requirements

exNavyOffRec

I am looking into that as well. Before I can apply, I have to take and pass the FE exam since my undergrad is in engineering technology and not plain engineering.

Also why are the reserve PA and Active PA different. The reserves seems to have more requirements than its active duty counterpart with education requirements
The reserve positions expect you have been doing the job you are applying to for about 10 years and want someone that is ready to go into that job and do it with minimal training. It doesn't often happen like that but that is the goal.