• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

EC-135 Hard Landing

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I saw this, I thought a Rivet Joint had a bad day.

Don't ruin my pedantic posting with pesky facts.

I had a similar thought, but not Rivet Joint as those are RC-135V/W's and all 12 1/2 versions of the Boeing EC-135 have long been retired.

EC-135 ALCC (Airborne Launch Control Center)

1642171804995.png
EC-135N ARIA (Advanced Range Instrumentation Aircraft) - Unfortunately involved in a crash of its own.

1642172475157.png

You can now go back to your regularly scheduled Eurocopter EC-135 thread.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I had a similar thought, but not Rivet Joint as those are RC-135V/W's and all 12 1/2 versions of the Boeing EC-135 have long been retired.

EC-135 ALCC (Airborne Launch Control Center)

View attachment 34355
EC-135N ARIA (Advanced Range Instrumentation Aircraft) - Unfortunately involved in a crash of its own.

View attachment 34356

You can now go back to your regularly scheduled Eurocopter EC-135 thread.
Don’t forget the Looking Glass mission. It did that for years.

Griz882

Livin' On the Right Side of the River From Pags!
pilot
Contributor
I think there's some French influence here and there (like the Finnestron), but the single-biggest influence I've noticed is the AFM, which was written in German, converted to French, and then translated to English. I'm convinced that's why you "Vent" the engines instead of motor them. Crazy Frogs.
You sure they don’t mean the engines “vent” that way and ze rotors “vent” another?