• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Early Retirement Credit?

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
I was going through the Navy Reserve website and started to question the following.

NDAA 2008 enacted Annual Inactive Points Limit Modification and Early Retirement Service Eligibility under 10 U.S. Code;

1. 10 USC 12733 was changed to allow a Reservist to be credited with up to 130 inactive points per anniversary year. The effective date of this change applies to any anniversary year ending on or after 30 Oct 2007. The previous maximum allowed was 90 inactive points. ARPR/ASOSH files are being modified to accept this change.

2. 10 USC 12731 was also changed to allow qualified Reservists to start receiving retired pay earlier than age 60. Effective 29 January 2008, each 90-day aggregate of active duty completed in a fiscal year will allow a member to begin receiving retired pay three months earlier than age 60. Medical benefits eligibility remains at age 60, and only service performed on or after 29 January 2008 counts. Active duty service which will not count towards the aggregate includes active duty performed in a regular component and active duty performed under 10 USC 12310 (e.g., FTS, CANREC, and RPN recall orders associated with organizing, administering, recruiting, instructing, or training the Reserve components).

3. PERS-91 will review a member's record and establish a retired-pay eligibility date at the time the member is transferred to the Retired Reserve. Because recent periods of active duty may not be reflected in point totals at the time a member requests transfer to the Retired Reserve, members requesting transfer to the Retired Reserve should be proactive in bringing extended periods of qualifying active duty (performed after 28 January 2008) to the attention of PERS-912. This can be done as an attachment to the retirement request.

In other words: what counts towards early retirement? Unfortunately, all of my reserve deployments were before 2008 so none of those count. Does ADT or AT count while in CONUS?

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have hundreds of days of AT and ADT after Jan 2008, unfortunately I don't think any of it counts. Thanks for the info though - good source.

You could also call BUPERS, believe or not I called them once and got the info I needed right away. I'll do a little more digging to see what I can find, I think ADT counts but am not sure. There was a USAF link I found a year ago when I was looking that was even better than that Army one that answered most of my questions, can't seem to find it now though....

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Gouge I heard was mobs, recalls, and ADSWs count for early retirement pay. Basically, if you were paid on an Active pay account. After my upcoming Bahrain trip I should be eligible at age 58 1/2...so I got that going for me...which is nice.