• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Early Departure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenolan

Has anyone heard of people being asked to go to OCS earlier than the date they has been given? If so, how much in earlier?

Je Nolan

DRL

I was recently asked to go last week. My OCS date was march 8th. The next day I got another message that the Navy didn't want to fill the spot. The reason they gave me is that there is a possibility that some SNA's with a september date might get rolled over to the next fiscal year so they didn't want it filled.

Lewisinhk

what did you do to be asked to go to ocs early? i have heard there is nothing much that can be done to get in early, any advice would be helpful thanks, i am sitting on a aug. 16 03 ocs date. Matt

Aimee

if someone drops out (and supposing they want to fill the spot) you might get the chance to go early. my recruiter asked me to do it (with only one day's notice!). if you want to go early, let your recruiter know so that if a spot does open up, he'll call you.

DRL

I just asked to be put on the list of people who can leave early. The recruiter said that every so often someone will wuss out and decide not to go. I believe though that they pick someone on the list that will best fill the spot. In my case someone who was going to be an SNA decided that they didn't want to go. If you are going for something other than SNA I think there is a good chance you could go.

DRL

And by the way it will be very short notice. I was only going to have 5 days to get everything squared away before I left.

Status
Not open for further replies.