• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E-6... Vance... T-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ande3333

Selected E-6 last week. Looking for info on the T-1 training and if possible the E-6. I have heard it all about the town of Enid and airforce training. Looking for any advice.. gouge.. or experiences..

navsup

BDCP Supply
I dont know anything about the training at vance but I know everything about Enid, I grew up there. I know it gets a lot of bad press on this site but I would be happy to provide any other information you may want. My favorite thing is the low cost of living there. You can live very well because you can find really nice houses for cheap. For example 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage, about $50,000

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
Navsup, you grew up in Enid? I grew up in Edmond. Have to say that I liked living in Oklahoma, even though most people tell you there's nothing to do, I never had any problems finding something.

navsup

BDCP Supply
Yeah i grew up in Enid. I love oklahoma. I understand that navy guys dont like to train with air force at vance but you cant hold that against the whole town. The only thing we dont have is a beach but the are plenty of lakes to go to. Oklahoma has more coastline then the entire east coast. With NO natural lakes, all man made resevoirs. There are always boats and campimg traliers to rent on base. Just opened a paintball field on base. Enid has everything that a mega city has, just not 20 of each thing. If you like college sports you cant beat
The bedlam rivalry OU vs OSU. OSU smoked the sooners last year in everything but football. that was the two years before.

Enid just isnt a normal military town. Prices are low on just about everything. Which makes are checks go a long way. I like it because I like my space. Alot of houses in Enid have big yards and plenty of personal space. THe east side of town is older, because it was built way back in the oil boom and after the bust the town dried up for a while so there are some rundown areas.

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
navsup said:
Oklahoma has more coastline then the entire east coast.

Enid has everything that a mega city has, just not 20 of each thing.

OK, that first one is just downright wrong. Oklahoma has a total of ZERO coastline. Coastline means ocean, there is no ocean here or anywhere near here. Apparently they had plans to build one south of Tinker, probably to help ease the pain of the Navy, but I haven't seen any progress.

The second one, dude, that is just a downright lie and you know it. Enid has nothing compared to a mega city, heck, Oklahoma City doesn't have too much compared to a mega city, better than Enid yes, but its got a loooooooong way to go before your statement would ever be accurate. One of the biggest complaints people in my class at Vance had was that there was nothing to do and we hated having to drive 2 hours to OKC or Tulsa to find stuff. You can only go the scooters so many times, know what I mean?

navsup

BDCP Supply
actually coastline is the land around a body of water including lakes according to the websters dictionary

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=coastline

so yes with all the lakes and ponds oklahoma has more coastline than the east coast, making plenty of room for fishing, boating, skiing, swimming. etc...

It has restaurants, mall. movies, bowling alley, clubs, water park, etc... I wasnt comparing it to NYC, Im just saying it has at least one of almost everything, just not 20 of each to choose from like a big town such as dallas etc....

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
navsup said:
so yes with all the lakes and ponds oklahoma has more coastline than the east coast, making plenty of room for fishing, boating, skiing, swimming. etc...

Back that up big boy. Full source and date. We want numbers. Islands count.

navsup

BDCP Supply
Fly Navy said:
Back that up big boy.

grow up. im not the toursim czar im not paid to sell the state, im just pointing out a few interesting facts. but just for you here is a link. I did a google search and it was the second entry It was actually something I was told by my geography teacher

http://www.shopoklahoma.com/okinfo.htm

here is another link
http://bestoftulsa.com/html/history.shtml

oh wait here is another
http://www.house.gov/istook/district/

Im sure i could look at all the other 700,000 hits but wed be here all day

yours truly
the big boy

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah I just did my own research. The numbers they use for the Atlantic and Gulf Coast only include general outline. They do not include full bays and inlets, or islands. Like Michael Moore, it's a complete twist of the facts (just had to get in my Moore slight).

You grow up. Don't come on here spouting **** like an a$$. That's my responsibility damn it.

navsup

BDCP Supply
I think I know the difference in opinion. I know about things that a family would do because i grew up there with my family and im there now with my wife. And there are plenty of things for us to do.

Others who are single seem to only care about going out to the bar wearing their uniform because they think it s a great panty dropper further perpetuating the drunken sailor image that we all have to fight or if they are above that they want to go to a strip joint. So for those activities yeah enid sucks. But there are plenty of good things about the town once you step out of the classroom

navsup

BDCP Supply
Fly Navy said:
Yeah I just did my own research. The numbers they use for the Atlantic and Gulf Coast only include general outline. They do not include full bays and inlets, or islands. Like Michael Moore, it's a complete twist of the facts (just had to get in my Moore slight).

You grow up. Don't come on here spouting **** like an a$$. That's my responsibility damn it.

I cant believe you are taking such offense to this. It just means there is a lot of water to enjoy activities on. It's like you want anything to fight about

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
navsup said:
I think I know the difference in opinion. I know about things that a family would do because i grew up there with my family and im there now with my wife. And there are plenty of things for us to do.

How is the state towards firearms and shooting? Lots of places to shoot or are they anti?

Hey, never know if I'll get stuck with E-6.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
navsup said:
I cant believe you are taking such offense to this. It just means there is a lot of water to enjoy activities on. It's like you want anything to fight about

There is a thing we called reading comprehension. I thought I made the sarcasm and joking obvious in that last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.