• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E-6 Tacamo NFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcb747

Does anyone have any idea on the competitiveness of getting into
E-6's? I know that there are NFO's on this platform although there's not alot of information about it.

The Navy operates a detachment out of Travis AFB here in California (VQ-3) and I'm really interested in finding general information from some of you guys "in-the-know" about the platform and the possibility of getting stationed at the Travis Det.

I've looked at the Tinker AFB website where the Navy's StratCom Wing 1 is supposedly based out of and surprisingly, they don't have a site.

Thanks.

cuculeis

my buddy is now stationed at tinker afb, he's a tacamo there. when he was going through flight school he said it was very hard to get E-6's because they are such a small community. by the way he is in VQ3. you wont get stationed permanetly in Travis if that is what your wanting. everyone is stationed in tinker. however if you get to VQ3, you will do short dets there...thats about it...hopes this helps...

marcb747

Thanks for the insight. Yeah, that is what I had in mind, plus a general curiosity about the E-6 platform. There's very limited information on it compared to the other aviation communities.
I find their mission very intriguing.

Too bad there are no longer any Navy bases here in the Bay Area.
Would've been a nice duty station plus an abundance of job opportunities for spouses.

thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.