• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dr Frank Dully “Sex and the Naval Aviator”

thebluto

pilot
None
RIP CAPT Frank E. Dully, Jr.

Some of us were shown his video, sarcastically titled, “Sex and the Naval Aviator”, a safety video that talked about the psychology involved in our business and why some of us fail. (Can’t find that video anywhere. But, there is a link to one of his videos below and a link to a USAF video made of one of his colleague below)

https://www.fbnewsleader.com/obitua...qKCj9EPMdWoeecJXkrNKIklSPnwfEURsElPMw6f6K9q2Q

Renegade One

None
Well, I can tell you that the original video didn't exactly sit well when it was shown to groups of squadron wives. Their takeaway was something like: "So...let me see if I've got this right. You screw up while flying and kill yourself and it's MY fault?!?"

Bilbo7562

Renegade One, you missed the point. That was not Dr. Dully's message. It's not about blame for failure, it's about explaining limitations and tendencies. The message for wives in that video was, "Regardless of how spontaneous your husband appears to be (or that you think he is), he is nonetheless a person with completely predictable behavior. My wife was enlightened by that study of Naval Aviators. She had her "Aha" moment and packed her bags cause she didn't like the realization that she married a fun (funny and witty) guy with no "Real Two." She had seen enough and split. If truth be told, she wasn't well liked in the Wives' Club anyway, but she gave up knowing that things were not going to change much in the next 40 years of marriage. And to "thebluto," it wasn't sarcastically named that, it was done in an entertaining and alluring fashion - to get people's attention, instead of calling it "Why Naval Aviators Fail."