• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Does the board look at your NASIS/ SF-86 or is it only a check to see if you can get a clearance?

Enigma

I couldn't find information addressing this specific question elsewhere on the website. Is the NASIS/ SF-86 only used for the purpose of getting a security clearance? Do the boards look at them and factor in your work experience/work hours while in school? Or would you have to bring that up in your motivational statement for them to know?

SDEngineeringDutyDCO

Reserve EDO in training
My understanding is that NASIS is a necessary step during the Officer recruitment process as Officers require a security clearance as a requirement for holding their commission.

When I went through the process I filled out the NASIS and they were able to pull my existing clearance as I already had one from my last job as a civilian contractor for the Navy, which I left for my current job < 2 years ago, so they were able to pull it successfully.

Some communities such as IW (Intel, Crypto, IP, etc) do require additional security clearance prescreener interviews and paperwork as they require TS/SCI.

The NASIS is the Navy’s way of kickstarting your SF-86 for pulling your existing clearance or triggering a new investigation… I would check with your recruiter if you have more specific questions. Is there a specific community you are applying to?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I couldn't find information addressing this specific question elsewhere on the website. Is the NASIS/ SF-86 only used for the purpose of getting a security clearance? Do the boards look at them and factor in your work experience/work hours while in school? Or would you have to bring that up in your motivational statement for them to know?

No.

This is a really good question to ask your officer recruiter.