• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Does my boyfriend even have a chance with his GPA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yewonee

My boyfriend is currently serving in the USMC as a reservist. He has gone to Iraq last year (and came back safely
angel_125.gif
) and has been very good in his job in Nuclear Biological Chemical. However, he wants to be an officer in the Navy. He'll be graduating with History degree, with GPA of 2.7-2.9, which isn't too great. He is extremely smart so all the testings I don't worry at all. He probably will get very high scores, like he did when he tested for the Marines. But there is one more thing. He has recently been discharged from bankrupcy, which should be the only bad thing in his record. He's good physically, he will be good in all the testings, he will get extremely good recommendations from professors and his current CWO and everything, but his low GPA and bankrupcy worries me.
Of course we're not just relying on this site and we are waiting for a recruiter to call back to set up an appointment, but does it seem like he has a chance? I think he wants supply, but really it doesn't matter too much in what field.
Thanks!

version2point0

ive said it before and ill say it again :) good test scores and great letters of rec can do miracles for a bad GPA. mine was the same situation and i got in with a 3.0.

-v2.0

digger

There is a speed limit when taxing officer?
Who else can make a better officer then someone who has been to war?

yewonee

Thanks for the replies! How about the bankrupcy?? I know it'll be a negative factor, but is it a big negative factor that'll get him rejected??

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
I know they do a credit check before you become an officer, but I don't know how important it is.

Penguin

Respect the WEZ
pilot
If the bankruptcy is discharged, it shouldn't prohibit him from being accepted. It won't be a positive aspect, but at least they'll see he was mature enough to handle it appropriately and get it legally closed. Also, as we tell everyone when it comes to odd situations, HAVE LOTS OF DOCUMENTATION. Good luck.

LT G.

spongebob

With the whole bankruptcy thing: Someone struggling with money is an easy target for a rich bad guy looking for some information. I believe that this is the main concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.