• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Does Civilian Flight Time Count?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CivInstructor

I have a question about civilian flight time. I currently have about 1000 hours of civilian flight time (most of it as an instructor) but I have always wanted to be a Navy Pilot and am really beginning to pursue it now. I have my Commercial, Instrument, Multi-engine and Flight Instructor Certificates. I also have a BS degree in Aviation. Will this increase my chances of getting accepted for OCS and/or Flight School? I am currently studying for the ASTB so I was also wondering what other tests I am going to have to take before being considered for a Flight position.

saltpeter

Seriously though applying is the only way to find out for sure, unless you drive to Millington, TN and ask your question directly. Pilot slots are directly proportional to the needs of the Navy in the future based on Millingtons best guess, which is always allittle hazy.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Right now, for workforce applicants (college grads), it is near impossible to get slected for pilot and only slightly better for NFO. Do see a recruiter though. He is the only one that can give you the latest best gouge. You would not want to miss an opportunity to fly in the worlds best Navy because you took the word of some unknown faceless dudes on the internet. And yes the civ flight time will help some. Good Luck.

KBayDog

wink said:
You would not want to miss an opportunity to fly in the worlds best Navy because you took the word of some unknown faceless dudes on the internet.

Easy - Someone knows me, and I do have a face! :icon_smil

Status
Not open for further replies.