• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DoDMERB to MEPS Waiver

Benod

Greetings Everyone!

About a year and a half ago I was dropped from AFROTC due to AFROTCI 36-2011 on the basis that my waiver issue persisted for longer than six months. The issue AFROTC HQ had was that I had earned my enrollment allocation and received a waiver, BUT the process resulted in my absence from field training since it took so long to get the waiver.

Previously to being dropped, I had to endure a long and arduous process in which I had received a waiver from DoDMERB and was deemed medically qualified for service in all aspects.

Fast forward to current day, and I’m in the beginning process of applying for a flight slot through OCS.

I’ve spoken freely with my recruiter and given him my entire medical history. For the sake of time and paperwork, he has suggested that I omit my previous medical information from MEPS. He said since I got a waiver from DoDMERB, that I shouldn’t worry about it.

I must admit though, I am a little concerned in moving forward with his advice as it could result in a nasty outcome. I have relayed my worries to him, but he insists on the omission of any information despite having received a waiver from DoDMERB.

I don’t want to start my career off with a set of lies and I have no issue in finding a recruiter who’s more in line with my morals should it come to that.

Before proceeding either route, I was wondering if either DoDMERB or MEPS shared any information with each other ?

I let DoDMERB know absolutely everything about the previous condition, and I’m hesitant to omit anything now.

Perhaps more concerning, omitting information on my medical screening paperwork would necessitate me leaving out information on my SF 86 since it asks questions about a previous history regarding mental health.

Should I proceed with the non-omission of information, would my odds of receiving a waiver through MEPS be similar to the odds I had with DoDMERB?

I still plan on speaking with my recruiter, and letting him know my reluctance and stance on the matter. Please don’t crucify me lol. I just want to receive the input and perspective from others before proceeding.

Any and all feedback is welcomed. Thank you!

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Your recruiter is an idiot.

When you fill out the medical document for MEPS there are several questions that will bring everything to light.

• Have you ever been rejected for military service for any reason?
  • Have you ever been discharged from military service for any reason?

If you answer yes to either you will have to explain why, then after explaining why you will have to explain why you omitted information.

The form says "have you ever had or do you have now" it does not stipulate "unless you told us already"