• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Do you hate this as much as I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor2216

Is it just me or do you guys often run into idiots who consider Marines unintelligent just because of whatever their preconceived notions might be? I'm not discrediting the entire Air Force here but a lot them just seem like complete jackasses when they start acting like little kids. Anyway, I just had to get that off my chest.

Tessone

I've run into this a lot just in the last few days. Everyone's convinced that the Corps is going to "waste my talents", but no one can seem to come up with *how* they think the Corps is going to waste them.

They just don't get that not only does being in the military take brains, but there is a specialized knowledge to being an officer. Nobody would walk into a doctor's office and question their diagnosis, but people criticize the way military operations are carried out all the time.

Goliath112

expect that kind of attitude alot when you're in. mainly this will come from old friends and some family. Just ignore it. it is difficult for them to understand it because they are not in. Just like how everybody cracks jokes about lawyers. or makes fun of the pizza delivery guy. what they don't get, is that somebody has to do these jobs. and that you made an informed choice to go to the marines. (not a comparison of the jobs by the way) anyway to help this image, try not to have an elitist attitude toward "civilians" they are taxpayers like you and thus are our bosses. I'm not saying you'll have that attiude but alot and I mean alot of guys do.

man the wait is killing me

Raptor2216

Generally I have had this problem with AF personel. I guess they don't take to well to the idea of self-disipline, atleast that is the issue they bring up most of the time. Now, this is no to say that the entire AF has the same problem because I know many who do not act like children. Anyway, I just try to be the better man and keep my cool and that usually shuts them up.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Don't worry boy, the "chicks" will always try to peck at the hen. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Mike26

Is it just me or do you guys often run into idiots who consider Marines unintelligent just because of whatever their preconceived notions might be? I'm not discrediting the entire Air Force here but a lot them just seem like complete jackasses when they start acting like little kids. Anyway, I just had to get that off my chest.

Really, why bother even talking about it,who cares what they think. I get the same thing from my co-workers when I tell them I am trying to fly in the Navy. Granted not all are like this but they are just used to a life style run similar to a corporation and love their pampered lifestyle compared to yours, yet they will still find a way to complain. Most are AF jobs are in support positions and they don't know what it's like to be put directly in harms way and they don't understand why someone would. They are also uninformed, its not really worth the time to explain either. It's just a different type of mentality. Don't judge all like that though, there are actually warriors in the AF as well.

Rainman

pilot
quote:
Don't worry boy, the "chicks" will always try to peck at the hen.

Sir, you crack me up!

What is up with certain [read AF] officers that look annoyed that they have to return a salute. Frumbly (or anyone), is that a service trend?

Edited by - joshmountain on 09/16/2002 14:52:14

Raptor2216

Mike,

If you scroll up and read carefully you will see that I was not generalizing because I know very well that there are warriors in the AF. Also, I was refering to what other military branches think about Marines, not how the civilian world views the Marines.

Maj. Frumby,

Sir, that is the greatest incentive of them all.

Edited by - Raptor2216 on 09/16/2002 00:39:14

Mike26

quote:
Mike,

If you scroll up and read carefully you will see that I was not generalizing because I know very well that there are warriors in the AF. Also, I was refering to what other military branches think about Marines, not how the civilian world views the Marines.

Maj. Frumby,

Sir, that is the greatest incentive of them all.

Edited by - Raptor2216 on 09/16/2002 00:39:14

Raptor I know what you were talking about and I was not refering to civilans either, I was refering to AF personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.