• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

do the books help???

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
hey all,

I recently picked up a Military Aviation battery study guide book from barnes and nobles. It covers the tests for all branches of service. It seems to be very usefull and full of information, including ways to mentally prepare you for the exam.

Now my question is: in any of your guys experiance, do these books really help out? not only on test setup but are the question difficulty levels comparible??

Thanks in advance.

mimisoko9

I thought the books were good for getting reacquainted with math/geometry/alegbra skills I hadn't used in a long time. I thought the questions on the test were more difficult than what I saw in the books. The mechanical comprehension section I found more helpful just because I never took physics, etc.

I'm sure you'll read, if you haven't already, that the ASTB prep test and the marine study guide posted on this site are your best resources. Use the books too, but make sure you know the ASTB prep test backwards and forwards. It's the closest representation to what you will see on the actual test.

The spatial apperception practice tests are only available in the books, so practice those over and over. Bear in mind, however, the images you'll see on the exam are not as forgiving (i.e. no boats to help with orientation, and you'll have to distinguish between degrees of bank based on what your horizon looks like). Practice them until you can't stand it anymore and you should do well.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Also, if you haven't already, download the 3 ASTB gouge files, you can find them in the file library or file lister on the forums drop down menu at the top of each web page.

Status
Not open for further replies.