• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DO NOT RENT at Collins Mill Creek Apts. in Milton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slabby Wag

passing along some information regarding Collins Mill Creek Apartments in Milton, FL. They are NOT military friendly!

(1) they make you jump through hoops just to break your lease EVEN with orders, they claim to give a "military discount" with rent, but everyone there pays the same amount. It's also the most expensive apartment complex in the area, and isn't worth it, as the apartments are extremely tiny. You can rent a much larger house with a pool for the same price in Milton.

(2) Their advertisements are misleading and their management is awful, rude, and barely speaks english. The owners are currently under investigation for poor business practices. They change property managers every 3-6 months. The current manager is the maintenance man's wife and continually posts positive reviews under different names on the apartmentratings.com website just to balance out all of the negative, but true reviews.

(3) The outside of the apartment complex as you drive past looks appealing, but the farther back you go, the more neglected the grounds become.

(4) Maintenance is rarely done. I've had 2 leaky faucets that I report almost on a weekly basis. They still leak. I've reported burnt out exterior lighting that STILL hasn't been fixed for the past 4 months. The tennis court (advertised as court"s") are overgrown and the net is broken and saggy. I've requested it to be fixed several times. My fellow tenants and I have had problems with insect infestations because the doors do not seal properly, and when reported to management, we were told that the maintenance man was going on vacation and didn't have time to address it...

(5) They try to alter the terms of your lease by raising your rent, trying to charge you additional fees for pets (5 months into a lease when you've already paid the pet deposit).

Please please please rent somewhere else, don't make the same mistake I did and end up miserable and stuck in a lease with these people! They are so dishonest and will try to screw you over the minute you make ONE complaint!

These are experience that 3 different tenants and I have had while living there. Unfortunately, they've all winged and moved on. I'm still here.:(

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
That is a shame because when I was there back in 2005 the place was relatively new and very nice. It's sad to see how things change.

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
x2

It's true. I lived there with my wife in 2006. I was constantly having issues with the property manager, Lisa. Not to be a jerk, but she was a complete b****. Took me a month for her to get the broken drawer in our appartment fixed. And before she sent the guy to fix it, she comes banging on my door at 7am (after the wife had been working all night) because of a message that I left on her machine because she needed to get her shit together. Stains in the carpet she told us would be cleaned before we moved in (they weren't and never were even though I asked several times).

She was fired, I believe, but apparently from your experience, they didn't make any improvements. Personally, I would never live there again. The apartments aren't bad, but with the dumbass people you have to deal with there, it's just not worth it.

Also, when it came time for our lease to be up, they tried to pin all the carpet stains and shit on me and hold back my $500 deposit. I was like NO NO NO... pulled out MY copy of the move-in checklist where I marked every single thing (everything they were blaming me for) before I even moved in. Then they were like, "Oh, well, we couldn't find your move-in sheet." I wanted to punch that girl in her stupid face.

As to the maintenance issue you've encountered, it was the same for me. Was at one point told that he was on vacation. Then later told that they didn't have one and were looking to hire. It's impossible for me to fathom how people can be so unprofessional.

Save yourself the hassle and DON'T move there.

jtmedli

pilot
This is also somewhat common in college towns. Not very friendly and they try to stick you with some bogus claims after you move out. Best thing to do is 'lawyer up' and threaten to sue them for the entire term of the lease. Not providing maintenance to the apartments and pools/tennis courts and not replacing exterior lighting is usually a violation of the lease agreement on their behalf.

Ranger

I agree with you The maintenance man Maurice Dowell and the lawn care personnel Mark Bieszke are both felons and entering tenants residence throughout the day. The maintenance man Maurice Dowell has 5 felonies out of Michigan and was just arrested in Bay county Florida for felon in possession of firearm/ammo. Management has been notified and refuses to resolve the problem if you live there and you have a firearm go to work and he enters your apartment you can be charged for allowing him constrctive possession under both state and federal laws.
Say good-bye to the military career that we have alll worked so hard for.

Bagman1972

These are very old posts and something must have happened to get this man upset. Life can do that to people. This is now 2022 and Collins Mill is now the most sought after and least expensive apartment complex in Milton. If they meant Liz instead of Lisa , she is the manager, or maybe she is new but she is very good and the place always looks spotless. There are about 4 police officers and firemen that live there and it feels very safe. Hardly anyone ever moves out because of her unless they buy a home. When I applied to move in I was 13 on the waiting list. Just over the river in Pensacola, apartments are $500 more for a lot less with less classier neighbors. I highly recommend Collins Mill and 10 year later I would recommend you stay completely away from Pensacola. Times have changed my friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.