• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Do I need the Sam Browne Belt for my commissioning?

Phrost_Bite

Future Flyboy
I would like to wear my sword at my commissioning ceremony and I am in need of some clarification. Is the Sam Browne Belt required with my dress blues if I want to wear my sword? I checked the uniform regulations and it says it may be worn, but isn't exactly clear if it is nessesary. I also see a few illustrations that show the dress blue "A" with the sword without the Sam Browne belt. Does anyone konw for sure?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I have. Even did a wedding arch like that. That's why there's a separate sword belt. NCOs don't even have Sam Brownes, for example.

texags

pilot
Talk to your OSO. If you are commissioning by yourself, you can probably decide on your own what uniform to wear. If there are a group of you, you will obviously all have to be wearing the same uniform.

Also, to echo what phrogdriver said, you don't necessarily need a sam brown when you wear your sword.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
You should have gotten a sword belt with your sword. At least I did when I finally went kicking and screaming into the uniform shop to waste the money. The Sam Browne belt is not a required uniform item.

81montedriver

pilot
Correct there is a separate belt for the sword although the sword can be worn with the sam browne as well. Personally I didn't feel like spending an extra $75 dollars for something I would wear once a year or once every 2 years. A wedding came up where I needed one and all I did was borrow one.