• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Do I need the ARCO book for the ASTB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Do I really need it? Not only for Spacial Apperception, but also for the Mech, Math, and Nautical sectiones. Or is the Marine Study Guide from this site all I need? Thanks a lot.

mlj0215

The stuff available on this site is just as good. The ARCO book just has a lot more questions to practice with. Also, it goes into detailed explanation on the score breakdown, pipelines, etc.

cricechex

I used it, but for the AFAST, it helped tramendously. The only complaint is that not every answer is correct. So use it to get better acquainted with the types of tests and how long you should spend on each question.

JKD

I don't know if you NEED it, but I thought it was good to have the extra tests to practice with. There are different types of problems in it. I've seen 2 ARCO books, Military Flight Aptitude Tests and Officer Candidates Tests. I liked the Officer Candidates Tests the best (outside of the Marine Study Guide).

It may come down to how much time you have to go through the information. I looked at all three.

Know the Marine guide in and out...unbelievably good resource. The ARCO book helps in understanding the test format at a basic level...especially the Spacial App. Understand that the ARCO book is designed to give us a chance to familiarize with the test format, not to give us the test. It helped me out.

snizo

Supply Officer
The book gives some good examples of the spacial aperception stuff and it would really help you to be able to see & figure out how to do those before you take the test. I don't know if those are included in the stuff on this website, but if they aren't -- you should try and check that type of problem out somewhere before taking the ASTB.

Status
Not open for further replies.