• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Do I even stand a chance for the NROTC scholarship?

swampertness

I feel like my stats are lower than everyone else's since it's a really prestigious scholarship. I currently have a 3.5 GPA and I have a SAT score of 2020. My combined critical reading and math scores are 1360.
I feel doubtful about the scholarship since I don't play any varsity sports. I ran JV cross country and track for two years. I also volunteer a lot and I'm part of several clubs. For work I work about 15 hours each week, and once I had an internship for a member of city council. I'm also in charge of a group of freshmen in a tech team at school.
For exercise I have tried the physical test (haven't formally taken it yet) and I've done 70 curl ups, 51 push ups, and ran a 10:28 1.5 mile. (I'm a girl, btw).
I'm really passionate about joining and getting the scholarship and entering the aviation field. Honestly, I'd do any job as a naval officer like SWO. I don't just want it for money, in fact, I was just going to join the college program until I heard I needed the scholarship to be commissioned. I just feel like my stats are below average.

Renegade One

None
Apply. Don't pass on opportunities you want because you feel others may be more qualified. If you don't get accepted, and you still end up attending a college with an NROTC program, keep sniffing around. I'm not really conversant in the whole panoply of options, but I think there are non-contract and/or 2-year options that may work out for you. More than one way to gain a commission if that's your goal. Good luck.

Others here may give you more relevant vectors with their better understanding of the current programs.

Chud

None
Yes, you are competitive. As Renegade One says, apply. You wont get it if you don't apply, pretty simple. If you don't get a scholarship, join the NROTC unit as a college programmer. They will submit you for side load scholarships at the 3 and 2 year mark. There is also Advanced standing, so you do not have to get a scholarship to commission, but you do need to be on contract to finish the last 2 years of the program. And don't forget about the Minority Serving Scholarship Reservation (MSISR) if you are willing to attend one of the listed schools. You are late if applying for Fall 16 (National applications were due 31 Jan, MSISR were due 29 Feb).
But to answer the question about not playing sports, the scholarship boards look at the whole person, so let them see what you have been doing with yourself during your HS and middle school years. Do you work, participate in Scouts, play an instrument, volunteer someplace, take care of children or elderly family members, participate in knowledge tournamentsetc. How did you develop yourself as a leader.
Good luck!