• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

distance running at navy ocs

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonsparx

I know there is a great deal of running at Navy OCS.

But are these runs mostly 1.5 miles, and often? Or do they have you running longer distances?

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
Yes you will be running longer distances. That is the short answer. The long one is that if you do the same run over and over it kind of wears you out. I won’t tell you were you can find that out later but they have some fun ones! Anyway they can vary form about 1.5 to up to I think four was the longest i ever went on. But they may of changed some thing since I left they have someone else running things now. Anyway I hope that helps.

marcb747

Falcaner, How often do you run 4 miles at OCS? What's the average run and how fast is the pace. Are they formation runs or individually timed? SOrry for the flurry of questions, just trying to gauge my preparation.

thanks.

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
How often they happen really depends. I not sure there is a strait answer to that question because you show up at PT in the morning and then at some point you find out what you are running. Except once a week you do a practice PFT to get ready for your out pft. And the pace also depends on how out in front...but generally you go faster as you are there longer. Clear as mud right...hope that helps.

tali264

Originally posted by Falcaner
And the pace also depends on how out in front...but generally you go faster as you are there longer.
so what is the average beginning and ending pace? Thanks

Beth

Goose

SNA Meridian
Here is my two cents. I went to New Mexico Military School for a couple of years and the running wasn't all that difficult. It seemed to me that yelling cadence? while running made it harder to keep a steady breathing rate. You'll get used to it though.

Drive Fast Take Chances

psrogers

Intel Officer
My neighbor, ex-army turned businessman type fella, said that running in cadence with a big group makes you feel invincible and that you can just run forever once you get used to it. Sounds like fun to me. As for all these individual runs, they sound like absolutely nothing. I can see myself wearing down with like four or five 4 or 5 milers a week, but otherwise...
What do we do in OCS those first few weeks when we're not doing pushups and pt? Are there classes? Lots of crappy chores, or what?

Turgon

You pretty much only get the 1.5 mile run on wed. for the Mock-PFA, Mid-PFA, or Out-PFA. You'll have a three mile individual effort run every week, and various formation runs everyweek. The formation runs start at 2.5 miles and go up to about 5-6 miles.
Basically the schedule goes like this:
Mon - NATTC Run 4.5 Miles
Tue - Victory Run 3.5 Miles or no PT if a class is graduating
Wed - PFA 1.5 miles
Thu - No PT, Parade Practice
Fri - Grad run / Alt Grad Run 1.5 / 2.5 miles
Sat - Coast Gaurd Station Run 4.5 miles
Sun - No PT

Status
Not open for further replies.