• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

disqual for kidney stone

efini_kid

i recently passed a 4mm kidney stone, cause was dehydration (lack of water consumption). i am planning on putting in my package this fall for BDCP, will having passed a kidney stone auto disqualify me? will i be able to receive a waiver for it?

also, when i was young about age 5 (1990), i was diagnosed with ADHD. i was placed on Ritalin and took it until about 7th grade. I have not taking it since then and will be turning 24 next month. will my history with the medicine also disqualify me?

i did some searching around, all the threads i found had been closed so i could not post in them, hence why i made a new one.

TwinsFan

I also had a kidney stone due to the same reason, but mine was 4 years ago. My OR looked up some medical information and there is a particular time frame in the past in which you cannot have had a kidney stone. I want to guess 6 months? But don't quote me on that. In any sense, see if you can talk to someone from NAMI to see if the results of your stone makes any difference (family history, calcium intake, .... etc).

With mine my MEPS stuff is ready to go and my OR doesn't seem worried about the waiver.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
The ADHD should be fine. Have a good friend who had it and was on Ritalin until his junior year of HS and still went to the Academy and then on to become an NFO. All was disclosed and he had no issues with NAMI.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
If you look in the waiver guide at the top of 'DOCs Corner' you will find some answers.

BeanFighter

pilot
I served for 15 years as a Naval Aviator with a waiver for renal calculi. PM me with your phone # if you want more info.

hourocket

Bullseye
None
I had the joy of stones the day after I got back from SERE, great welcome back gift. There are waivers for them and for me I didnt need one since this was my first episode. Waivers come up if you have had more than one and it depends on the time between the stones. The military cares more if you continually have them, probably the whole flying thing with stones is bad news.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
is it because it might clog the relief tube?

Yea, it feels like trying to shove a basketball through your urethra. FWIW, the urethra has a sprial groove cut in it...not unlike rifling in a gun. Hence the tune...this is my rifle, this is my gun. :)

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Yea, it feels like trying to shove a basketball through your urethra. FWIW, the urethra has a sprial groove cut in it...not unlike rifling in a gun. Hence the tune...this is my rifle, this is my gun. :)

Some things I could have lived without knowing...your spiraled urethra is one of them!! :icon_tong