• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Different PRT Minimums for BDCP???

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
I previously read on a thread that BDCP had slightly higher standards for initial PRT scores than direct OCS, but after searching all day I still haven't found that post or another thread that gives this info.

In case you know off hand, I'm a 24 year old male. I need to know if indeed it is a higher minimum (ie Good-High) instead of Satisfactory-High. Also, if you score just below an indicator (ie 12:05 on the run instead of 12:00 - or 45 pushups instead of 47) does that put you in the lower category (Sat-High instead of Good-Low) or vice versa?

I only ask these questions as I haven't found a good explanation or answer on AW and my OR is always out of the office lately...makes me wonder if I ever will get my FS. Thanks for the help.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
I don't know about the BDCP standards, but if you're below the cutoff for one bracket, you're in the next lower, regardless of how close you were.

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
Oh and if you score under the mark (i.e. 45 not 47) you get the lower mark. Make sure you can do at LEAST the minimum Good-Low.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Get used to being better than sat-high as a commissioned officer. That's remedial PT status. The standards for good low are very easy to meet as a 20 something who can fog a mirror.....I would venture to say that you could not PT for the entire 6 months leading up to the PRT and still probably pass w/ a GL (or better). So consider that your absolute cut-off and work to be better, no matter what stage of the program you are at.

acwildcat

pilot
The BDCP contract requires that you pass a PRT every 6 months and get a minimum of Good Low in every area

blarged

ready
BDCP had slightly higher standards for initial PRT scores than direct OCS

One thing to note is that this Good-low is prior to OCS. Once you are at OCS, same standards as everyone else, whatever they may be at the time. But if you can do a Good-low prior to OCS, I would think you shouldn't be in the Sat range while there.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
One thing to note is that this Good-low is prior to OCS. Once you are at OCS, same standards as everyone else, whatever they may be at the time. But if you can do a Good-low prior to OCS, I would think you shouldn't be in the Sat range while there.

I agree, if we do have to meet a Good-Low then why settle for a Sat at OCS? I'm definitely not one to just settle for the mins, but I've been battling shin splints and have been at the 12 mark on the run. I've taken time off and started up working out again, but still at the number. So I'll just have to IB it up and pull through it when it comes. A few years back I used to perfect score the PFT/PRTs so I at least plan to be shooting to get back there again.

One other question...if you score below in one category but above in others (Sat-High in the run but Good-Low in PU and SU) it still pulls you down to Sat-High, correct? Thanks guys for the responses.

blarged

ready
I agree, if we do have to meet a Good-Low then why settle for a Sat at OCS? I'm definitely not one to just settle for the mins, but I've been battling shin splints and have been at the 12 mark on the run. I've taken time off and started up working out again, but still at the number. So I'll just have to IB it up and pull through it when it comes. A few years back I used to perfect score the PFT/PRTs so I at least plan to be shooting to get back there again.

One other question...if you score below in one category but above in others (Sat-High in the run but Good-Low in PU and SU) it still pulls you down to Sat-High, correct? Thanks guys for the responses.

Check page 75 on http://www.navy-prt.com/files/6110.1H.pdf

This might be old ... not sure if it still uses this point system. If it doesn't, maybe someone could provide a link to an updated version?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

Hate to break it to you, but at least in aviation, you'll be required to get at LEAST a good low (in each category, not overall) to pass throughout flight school. Not sure about other communities.

Certainly must get at least that to pass at OCS and commission, so it's not as if the standards go down at OCS.