• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Devon Jones USN - F14 Pilot

Greetings from London. I'm a former RAF Tornado Navigator & was shot down & captured during Desert Storm in 1991. I was one of the mugs paraded on TV alongside some of the American PoWs. Full details at www.johnnichol.com

I shared a cell in Abu Ghraib (not a fun experience!) with F14 RIO Larry Slade. I'm trying to connect with Larry's pilot Devon Jones (Larry has sadly lost all comms with him) so wondered if any of you USN chums might be able to offer any assistance?
Many thanks,
John Nichol

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
No idea, but holy smokes, I think you're going to get a lot of questions. I am definitely going to be looking at that website. Thanks for your service, sir.

jmcquate

Contributor
You might want to reach out to HeyJoe who is on this site. He was a Tomcat RIO who served during that timeframe.

That's his Linkedin profile but I don't think it's active as I can't seem to message it and it doesn't seem to have been used for a while

I'm totally new to this site - how would I find HeyJoe or message him?

jmcquate

Contributor
Use the mail (envelope) icon at the top right of your screen by your username.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I was at VT-27 with Devon during primary (many moons ago). He was a good guy and our wives were close friends. He went jets, of course, and I went rotary and we lost contact with a few exceptions. He commanded El Centro but made a few enemies and left the navy on less than happy terms. That was 2013 or so and he has been dark ever since. I always wondered if he went to the SHOW.