• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Designator 187X MSO

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"They're taking all our space people and putting them in the Space Force, so now we need space people to talk to the space people."
- BUPERS, probably

It's like having a NALE in the CAOC, and then the MOC needs to talk to the CAOC. So then they have to stand up a MAOC, so that they have embedded aviators to go talk to the embedded aviators in the NALE . . .

OscarMyers

None
"They're taking all our space people and putting them in the Space Force, so now we need space people to talk to the space people."
- BUPERS, probably

It's like having a NALE in the CAOC, and then the MOC needs to talk to the CAOC. So then they have to stand up a MAOC, so that they have embedded aviators to go talk to the embedded aviators in the NALE . . .
We already have space people. But to get picked up for Space CDRE you have to already be qualified for a Space CDRE billet which requires having been in a Space CDRE billet. Or at least that’s how I understand it. I’m sure there’s more to it. But at least this offers a more convenient on-ramp to enter the community.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
And the conversation goes something along the lines of:
"Hey man, how've you been?"
"I work for a bunch of idiots here, how about you?"
"How long have you been there/when is your rotation date?"
"My boss doesn't understand anything that isn't the Army/Everybody keeps calling me captain[major, etc.] and I just roll with it now/Yeah, me too!"

Hair Warrior

Contributor
We need a separate space designator. This space cadre thing is mishmash of people from many designators who homestead in space cadre billets for a very long time.
I wonder if the 187X mobs will be fenced to USSPACECOM. If so, not a bad mob at all, to ski or hike when your shift ends.

CWO_change

The 1810 detailers were at Fort Meade last week. They reported that, per conversations they are privy to, they expect the bulk of the 1870 community to be built via URL transfers as opposed to transfers from within the IWC due to manning issues. It's the same reason why there were few (if any?) 1810s and 1820s allowed to transfer into the Space Force this past go around; at least at the junior level . . . they did allow a couple of senior officers to transfer as manning concerns at those ranks weren't as bad apparently.