• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Depth Perception

Simplepnoi84

I just finished my MEPS and they said that I failed my depth perception. Is that something I really need to get in SWO? Thanks guys.

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
I would question that test. If it's the one where you look into a box and have to pick out floating circles, a lot of people have trouble with it even if they don't have any depth perception problems, myself included. It is like reading magic eye, it's about the right technique as much as it is about having depth perception. There is another test where you wear funny glasses and read out of a book that works a lot better. Either way, you can get a waiver for it. There are plenty of other threads on this site about depth perception if you try the search bar you will find some more details.

m26

Contributor
I have no problem with depth perception but I failed the DP test at MEPS. It wasn't a problem for me, so I can't think of any reason it would be a problem for SWO, but then again I haven't read anything about DP for SWOs.

Simplepnoi84

So far I've been reading and only SNA requires DP, but just for the peace of mind I'm going to my optometrist to get a waiver. I know I have a good depth perception since I play sports and other activities.

DukeAndrewJ

Divo without a division
Contributor
I failed the depth perception test at MEPS. I commissioned as a SWO yesterday. Don't worry about it. They never said a thing about it.

By the way, you can have crappy depth perception and still play sports/have good hand eye coordination - your brain compensates in other ways.