• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Deployment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kohlmeyerdp

I'm curious how often Naval Aviators are generally at sea. I'm currently enlisted in the Marine Corps and am considering aviation in either. Marine's, from what I know, have one or two six-month deployments per three year duty station.

NFOwife

Aviator Spouse
Yes, it's usually 1-2 6-8 month deployments per 3 year sea tour, plus a work up cycle for each deployment, which will have you away from home for about 3 months (not 3 continuous months, for us it was usually 2 6-week blocks) in the months before the deployment, plus work ups done from home which mean longer hours but you're home every night. During my husband's recent sea tour, he was gone for 1 deployment and 2 work up cycles (left right before what would have been a second deployment). It's just the luck of the draw as to where in the cycle you arrive at your squadron. I'm referring to carrier aviation here, by the way. Land-based planes have different schedules.

Status
Not open for further replies.