• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Deployment rates

Shmack

I know that deployment rates depend on the squadron; but is there any way that anyone can answer the average deployment rate of a Maintenance Officer?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I know that deployment rates depend on the squadron; but is there any way that anyone can answer the average deployment rate of a Maintenance Officer?

Are you asking about being away from home or actually being deployed?

If you are assigned to a carrier based squadron it's the same as a pilot or NFO. For HSL, VP, etc. I would guess that it is much less. I think you can also be assigned to carriers as an AMDO, if so the "rate of deployment" is the same as in the squadron, but the time at sea is much higher.

2sr2worry

Naval Aviation=world's greatest team sport
The Fleet Response Plan (FRP) cycle drives the deployment tempo. The basic FRP design says that in a 27 month period, the ship/air wing combination goes through a six-month maintenance phase, a three month basic (unit training) phase and a three month intermediate (integrated training/air wing Fallon) phase, after which the ship/air wing becomes surge ready and enters the sustainment phase (15 months). Deployment(s) are designed to occur anywhere in the 15 month sustainment cycle. Finally, in NAVADMIN 051/07 the CNO revised deployment doctrine and replaced turn-around ratio with dwell time. Good overview of this concept at:

http://www.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=28461

Bottom line: The business end of what we do occurs haze, gray, and underway.