• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DEP Question

vjan2

Greetings,
I recently applied to the BDCP Program (NFO and SWO) and wasnt selected on the July board (guess because of low gpa). Anyways, the thing is that I had signed to go as an enlisted nuke before applying and starting the new college Im at. But a few months have passed and I really like this college now, and some professors have even asked me to help with their research and stuff. So I decided I want to stay and finish my degree (and in the meanwhile reapply to the BDCP program). However when I told my recruiter my desire to leave the DEP Program, he said that I may get a "scarlet letter" in my record which would probably prohibit me from working from the federal government ever again. Now, I had read that you pretty much can change your mind while your in DEP and decide not to go. So I was wondering if any of you could provide gouge on this.

Thanks in advance for the help.

BTW, for those of you who wonder my BDCP app stats where:
Degree: B.S. Mechanical Engineering (work in progress, grad date may 2009)
GPA: 2.86
ASTB: 61 7/7/7
LOR's from college professors, since I havnt worked before.