• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Demand for meteorologists

Status
Not open for further replies.

WXMel

Do you guys know what the competition is like to get in as an officer in meteorology/oceanography? I'm going to be graduating in 2006 with a degree in meteorology and I'm going to guess that my GPA will be roughly a 3.6-3.7.

H

Honour_Class

I knew one and he said that they need 2 a year barring anything crazy. Since they are not line officers, the Academy cannot provide them usually. So OCS is the way to go but it will be VERY competitive. Right up there with PAO. Good luck though!

H

Honour_Class

Not really officers, METOC is no longer attached to ships. It has gone centralized with electronic dispersal to the fleet. The teds do most of the legwork anyways. You'd most likely supervise a desk at one of the central stations.

If you are lucky you might get to wear those stylish tropical uniforms in the Bahamas.

Status
Not open for further replies.