• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Delays to Flight School

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTurse

FYI for any SNAs waiting to go to flight school, particulaly ROTC grads:

Due to an attempt to make class sizes smaller throughout the aviation undergraduate training pipeline many SNAs will be delayed going to flight school. Be prepared to receive an ORDMOD if your orders are to report sometime in the next few months. USNA graduates will be given the earlier slots, and the hundred or so ROTC grads will be stacked behind them. 71 ensigns, mostly ROTC & OCS graduates, waiting to go to flight school are going to be sent to carriers and large deck amphibs for up to 179 days of TAD while waiting to go to flight school. Word is that they'll know who will be affected by the end of July. The flight student placement officer is LT Moran. Check the BUPERS webpage for his contact info. I know that he's as overwhelmed by this as we are since he's the one rewriting orders. It may be rather futile to get in touch with him as the word I have is that they're not telling anybody until they can tell everybody.

JT

JTurse

I called student control this morning and pool times are looking like up to three months for OCS and ROTC grads.

JT

beau

I guess it pays to get into the USNA. When I get bars as a lowly ROTC commissionee it looks like I'll have to bow down to the academy pukes to get into flight school at the right time. I guess "don't worry, be happpy" is the aditude.

Finch

chodge

I lucked out, I guess. I just graduated from an NROTC program in early June, and they sent me to Vance AFB to do that joint pilot training stuff with the Air Force. I've got about a week and a half left to go in the AF's version of primary. It seems not quite as difficult as what I've been hearing about Pensacola--i.e., we don't have to do water survival--but I understand Primary here tends to be a bit more intense. I'm looking forward to getting up flying, though, particularly since the AF uses jets instead of turboprops as their primary trainer. And like I said, I got to start a lot earlier than I would have had they sent me to Florida.
--cmh

chodge

quote:
training stuff with the Air Force. I've got about a week and a half left to go in the AF's version of primary.

oops. i meant left to go in their version of API. This bodes well for my Engines test tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.