• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DEERS Question - Changing Reserve Branches

jrh0425

I am currently waiting to be gained by the NOSC and working my separation from the AF Reserve. My fear is that my AF DEERS enrollment will end before the Navy DEERS enrollment is active and I will loose my eligibility for TriCare. Has anyone else went through this process?

I spoke with Tricare and they said my eligibility wouldn't be verified again until July.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
My gouge is from 2016 but I worked a USAF reserve enlisted into a USN reserve direct commission officer.

Maybe he didn’t tell me but I don’t recall him ever having any sort of admin or benefits issues when making the jump.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
If you have no break in service then tricare will still cover you, regardless of your deers status. DEERS may take some time to catch up, it took me almost a month after I switched from the Navy to the AF for DEERS to reflect correctly.

Since you are a reservist, if you do have a break in service Tricare coverage will depend on your status at the time the AF separates you (on orders, etc). If memory serves it should be 90 days of transitional coverage.

From experience with switching services, if you have dependents your dental coverage will most likely drop off and you’ll have to reenroll. Tricare medical transitions automatically.

I’d recommend calling the Tricare rep at your nearest MDG and they can give you the most up to date gouge.