• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Decision Time??

Simonole

I was recently Pro-Rec'd for the October 08 board for SNA and NFO (1st choice SNA). At this point, the only thing I am waiting on is for MEPS to send my physical information in so that my package can go up for final selection. Assuming I get selected by the final board, my question is how much time roughly do I have before I have to give them a definite yes or no answer and sign the paperwork that put me in the navy??

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
I think it is 30 days. But seriously, don't apply if you are debating whether to take the spot anyway. Not to say that you don't want it; but if you say no you just took a spot from another candidate that would have said yes. I would take that into consideration before applying. Good Luck.

McBuff

Sees the light
I think the 30 days is the deadline for submitting fin-docs (physical, PRT, waivers etc). Once you get a final select, I would imagine you don't have long to decide. That being said, I'd agree with the rest of these guys. Have you read the "Confessions of an OCS dropout" thread? It sounds like if you arent 100% balls to the wall committed to this, they'll get you.

Good luck with your decision

I, on the other hand, am 100% balls to the fvcking walls so let me ask this:

I was also just pro-rec'd SNA and am going to MEPS this Friday and will perform PRT later in the afternoon. My recruiter says he will know if I passed MEPS that same day. Assuming my bloodwork is clean (which it is), is the final select a given? Have there been any cases of anyone getting pro-rec'd, passing MEPS and PRT and not getting the final select? I ask this because I'd like to quit my job and travel before I start OCS, but I don't want to quit my job yet unless I'm reasonably guaranteed that I will definitely be a naval officer!:tongue2_1

McBuff

Sees the light
My understanding is that MEPS is just processing. They can't really make any decisions about your qualifications. That's done by a medical review board who uses everything documented at MEPS to determine you are physically qualified. I went to MEPS prior to getting PRK. I "passed" MEPS without a problem but with 20/100 vision I would have been npq'd by the review board. I believe the medical review board's decision is sent to whatever comittee does the final selection.

On a different note, is the Master Chief your recruiter? I figured he did all of the SNA/NFO/SWO recruiting but one of the LTs mentioned that he had applicants too.

Go Phils

My understanding is that MEPS is just processing. They can't really make any decisions about your qualifications. That's done by a medical review board who uses everything documented at MEPS to determine you are physically qualified. I went to MEPS prior to getting PRK. I "passed" MEPS without a problem but with 20/100 vision I would have been npq'd by the review board. I believe the medical review board's decision is sent to whatever comittee does the final selection.

On a different note, is the Master Chief your recruiter? I figured he did all of the SNA/NFO/SWO recruiting but one of the LTs mentioned that he had applicants too.

Go Phils

No, Lt. McCreary.