• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December 2006 Service Selection

h2o polo

GPA: 3.4
Degree: International Relations and History
ASTB: 6/7/6 55
PRT: Excellent Low
Class rank: last in my class!!!! (I'm especially proud of that one)
PPL w/ about 78 hours

Congrats to all the rest of you. Flygrl I like that enthusiasm, thats the same way I felt when I found out. I'm sure I'll run in to many of you down in Pcola after the new year.....That is if I don't take an IA tour before heading down.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
GPA: 3.4
Degree: International Relations and History
ASTB: 6/7/6 55
PRT: Excellent Low
Class rank: last in my class!!!! (I'm especially proud of that one)
PPL w/ about 78 hours

Congrats to all the rest of you. Flygrl I like that enthusiasm, thats the same way I felt when I found out. I'm sure I'll run in to many of you down in Pcola after the new year.....That is if I don't take an IA tour before heading down.

Please tell me you're joking. ;)

Brett

h2o polo

Yeah. I'm not holding my breath but I have had a few discussions with both my CO and XO. Apparently they have been getting a ridiculous number of requests to submit names for IA. Their take on it is that since there is such a need for IAs and if I'm willing to volunteer ( even if it is out of youthful stupidity), then they will submit my name for slots that I am eligible for. I figure I'm young, single, have no attachments and I'm already graduating early. Any slot I fill up for 6 months is a slot that they don't have to pull a LT off of a shore tour and away from his family.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Yeah. I'm not holding my breath but I have had a few discussions with both my CO and XO. Apparently they have been getting a ridiculous number of requests to submit names for IA. Their take on it is that since there is such a need for IAs and if I'm willing to volunteer ( even if it is out of youthful stupidity), then they will submit my name for slots that I am eligible for. I figure I'm young, single, have no attachments and I'm already graduating early. Any slot I fill up for 6 months is a slot that they don't have to pull a LT off of a shore tour and away from his family.

Why would they put you in a job designed for an O-3? :confused:

h2o polo

Not necessarily just for a job slated for an O-3. A lot of the slots that they need to fill are essentially for warm bodies. Some aren't slated in stone for a set pay grade. Again my CO and XO are keeping their eyes open for slots that I would be capable of filling.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why would they put you in a job designed for an O-3? :confused:

Exactly. This issue has already been hashed out in another thread. The requests your CO/XO are getting are for fleet experienced, warfare qualified officers (I.E. their ROTC staff LTs). Most IAs these days are one year tours and they're not going to delay your track in the training command for that long so you can play Army. I would put the thought out of your mind.

Brett

h2o polo

Point taken. All I know at this point is what I've heard in discussion with my CO and XO. Nothing official. At this point if they come to me offering a slot then I will consider it when it happens. Until then I plan to pack my bags and head down to Pcola some time in January.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Point taken. All I know at this point is what I've heard in discussion with my CO and XO. Nothing official. At this point if they come to me offering a slot then I will consider it when it happens. Until then I plan to pack my bags and head down to Pcola some time in January.

Atta boy. ;)

Brett