• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dean's List under BDCP

JJH

For the extra bump in pay in BDCP you need to be on the Dean's list (3.5+) for 2 consecutive semesters? I am currently waiting on my final select for the program, but I had a 3.8 gpa summer semester and am on trail to be on Dean's List this semester--does this qualify?
-Thanks

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
2 semesters or 3 quarters while you are in BDCP, so the grades for summer don't count but your autumn may if you swear in before the semester ends.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
According to what my recruiter said yesterday when I asked you have to make a 3.5 in that semester. So even if you had say a 3.5 overall GPA if you didn't make a 3.5 in the two consecutive semesters then no dice.

If I'm wrong please someone correct me because I'd be more than pleased to hear it was the other way around but as far as I know it's not.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
Yeah I was wondering about this same thing. I am on my way to get deans list for the first time this semester, but i'm up for the November board. So unless I can swear in within 3 weeks of selection (if i'm pro-rec'd), it's not going to count. Ah well, I need some motivation up until graduation anyways.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
You need to get at least a 3.5GPA two consecutive semesters AFTER swearing into BDCP. So you must be sworn in BEFORE your semester even begins for it to count. And summer semesters don't count. Not sure if/how the quarter system works.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
You need to get at least a 3.5GPA two consecutive semesters AFTER swearing into BDCP. So you must be sworn in BEFORE your semester even begins for it to count. And summer semesters don't count. Not sure if/how the quarter system works.

Just to put it out there, I was promoted using 3 quarters (quarter system at my school), of which only 2 were after swearing in. The BDCP paperwork does state 2 semesters/3 quarters 'after' swearing in. It could be that the instruction isn't always followed, or it could have been an exception due to some very unusual circumstances (on their part) that resulted in a lengthy delay in me being able to swear in.

Point being, you might as well politely ask after this semester (if you get Dean's List again) if they can use the prior quarter. Worst case they say no, and you get it the following semester.