• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN DD368

navysailor'11

I have seen some people do an interservice transfer by using their own parent command CO sign for the authorizing official block and they still get to transfer into another branch.
However, some people are saying that you need to go through PERS and have it signed that way.
I looked at another tread on here, and it says that your CO would have to send an endorsement letter to Millington, and Millington would sign the DD368 release.
Does anyone have the actual gouge here?

PO2 Alexander

I have seen some people do an interservice transfer by using their own parent command CO sign for the authorizing official block and they still get to transfer into another branch.
However, some people are saying that you need to go through PERS and have it signed that way.
I looked at another tread on here, and it says that your CO would have to send an endorsement letter to Millington, and Millington would sign the DD368 release.
Does anyone have the actual gouge here?

Yes, I just completed the process. I am actively applying to Navy OCS and Marine Corps OCS as a backup. You need to get your CO or OIC's endorsement first. I basically typed it up for him and he put it on an official letterhead and signed it. Then we attached the DD368 and sent it to millington, TN with signature from my USMC recruiter.

However my question to you is, are you active duty or a reservist? The process is a little different for both.

You can send me a PM, and I can forward you the template that I used. However, since this is old, you might have already solved your problem hopefully.